CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john

17th January 2011, 09:54
"Quietly optimistic, carrying through appeal for success" -R-S-E-I-Y

I think it can only be "prosperity" which could be associated with success, and I imaging the P gives us the "quietly" bit but other than that I'm baffled. Any thoughts?
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

ajt

17th January 2011, 09:59
As you say - p = quietly. Optimistic = rost. through (carrying) = per. Appeal = it (sex appeal)
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

ajt

17th January 2011, 10:00
sorry - typo, rosy, of course
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

john

17th January 2011, 10:05
Thanks AJT - I was wondering if "rost" was so archaic it isn't in the dictionary!
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

ajt

17th January 2011, 10:08
Trouble is, I can't get my eyes close enough to the screen when I'm typing to see what is happening!
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

chrisg

17th January 2011, 10:15
Hi AJT. If you go to the bottom of your screen, second line up and in the right hand corner you should find an area where you can adjust the screen size (zoom) into the text. I have mine adjusted to 125% which does help
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

ajt

17th January 2011, 10:18
Thanks chrisg - I thought someone might say "Should have gone to Specsavers", but it's cataracts, and new lenses haven't helped. I'll take your advice.
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

chrisg

17th January 2011, 10:20
My wife has cataracts..but has had one removed and the difference has been remarkable for her
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

ajt

17th January 2011, 10:24
Thanks again - they haven't yet suggested removal

All the little accoutrements of age,
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

john

18th January 2011, 16:20
I had both eyes done myself a couple of months ago, having had cataracts diagnosed a couple of years before. I was a little nervous about it but the difference is astonishing - apart from throwing away my glasses (other than for close reading)everything is much brighter and I'm much happier driving at night.

Cataracts are only going to get worse so it's probably as well to look into it now.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post