CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

16th January 2011, 00:29
Hiya Crypto, Thanks for all the feed back mate. You mentioned you liked themed grids,
Ive stuck one of mine in Dropbox for you, Trevor and Terry and all the rest who have enjoyed them. I do like this one. I've called it Red Herring. The question is, Why!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/Red%20Herring%20Crossword.pdf
ENJOY
1 of 36  -   Report This Post

sammy

16th January 2011, 00:46
Why? Dunno why but it sounds fishy to me.
2 of 36  -   Report This Post

mamya

16th January 2011, 01:50
Thanks Les, have all 3 now but am so busy with other things will get round to them soon.
3 of 36  -   Report This Post

les40

16th January 2011, 02:02
Hope you enjoy them Mamya, let me know how you do with them
4 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

16th January 2011, 02:22
Les,
maybe use some html to make clickable links for your files.
its amazing the lengths that people(including me)won't go to. The easier the better.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/Red%20Herring%20Crossword.pdf"target=_blank> Click here for Red Herring

if the above link works i will try to explain,if not i will go red and wait a day or two.
5 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

16th January 2011, 03:07
seems to work.
the important bit is -

<a href="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/Red%20Herring%20Crossword.pdf";target=_blank> Click here for Red Herring</a>

put the relevant address between the quote marks.

target=_blank - just opens the address on a new page(you can leave this out if you want)

where i've written "Click here for Red Herring"you can replace that with whatever you like.it will be underlined and a clickable link.

while im here,i would like to say Ta to Bullfrog.i shall almost certainly use Dropbox(do you know of any free file shares that handle folders?)
6 of 36  -   Report This Post

les40

16th January 2011, 03:08
Oh yes!
It does work Trevor. That 's what I was trying to do the other night. But like I said, I aint been computing very long.
Of the instructions my friend gave me, maybe she missed something out.
Most likely i've missed something though. Let me know what you did, and i'll compare my instructions for my missing directive.
7 of 36  -   Report This Post

les40

16th January 2011, 03:11
Oh... you have
I will have a try tomorrow, cheers Trevor
8 of 36  -   Report This Post

trevor

16th January 2011, 06:18
This might be easier to see,a sort of template.

<a href="">Write the Visible link here</a>

put the actual address between the quote marks after href=.

im a likkle tired and emotional(pissed)so forgive me if this post goes tits up.

9 of 36  -   Report This Post

terry

16th January 2011, 12:57
Les40,
Like trevor said, if you don't do the link thing people won't bother. That's why I linked your first one. I would also suggest that you don't post a new one everyday. People will get bored and lose interest. You'll also have so many threads running at the same time that it will all get very confusing. How about one a week.

I've finished "red herring". Again,very good. My only beef;the spelling of 20ac. Two Rs in my dictionary. I thought it was much easier than No1 (No2 passed me by). I've no idea why it's called red herring.
10 of 36  -   Report This Post