CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

15th January 2011, 01:33
Thanks all for the feedback on the last grid. I've stuck another one in for you, Enjoy.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/crossword%202.rtf
1 of 21  -   Report This Post

mamya

15th January 2011, 02:18
Hiya Les

Have only just caught up with your threads, so am a bit behind the others. I now have both your grids and will give them a go, am nowhere near as good as some on here, but more power to you.

Mamya
2 of 21  -   Report This Post

les40

15th January 2011, 02:24
Cheers mamya, I just realised that I sent this 2nd crossword as a Word doc, and anybody can change it around in the public folder, so try it here as a pdf file.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/crossword%202%20pdf.pdf Its formatted better aswell. I'm still toying with the new Dropbox feature anyway. Hope you have fun
3 of 21  -   Report This Post

mamya

15th January 2011, 02:38
Night hun

Thanks

M ♥
4 of 21  -   Report This Post

les40

15th January 2011, 03:03
Thanks mamya, keep your eye on the threads later today, I'm sure the crossword will get some feedback. Also, I hope your a woman sending me love hearts, cus Terry thinks I have sexual ambiguity.
And all I wanted to do was share my hobby and hopefully increase the size of my member........ship
5 of 21  -   Report This Post

mamya

15th January 2011, 14:39
Oh yes am sure I am a lady,feedback will be abundant am sure also.

Size..........erm not my department LOL, the guys will be more able to give you expert words of wisdom there, knitting is my forte.
6 of 21  -   Report This Post

crypto

15th January 2011, 14:43
Hi Les - just completed your second crossword. Found it harder than the first but that is probably because there were no linked clues. I thought the clues were generally well constructed.

Assuming I've got the answers right there were two answers that I was left reflecting on. The spelling for 4d is one I'm familiar with (but yours may be an acceptable alternative) and 24d I thought was stretching it a bit because it isn't a real word and wasn't spelt that way in the scouse dictionary I looked up. Hope that helps.
7 of 21  -   Report This Post

les40

15th January 2011, 20:11
Hiya Crypto,
Thanks for that. I tend to work from the Chambers Dictionary, and the word for the answer to 24d) is in my new print dated 2009 under its own entry. However, I donated my dog-eared 1993 version to my mum, and I have just phoned to check, and she assures me that its not in that one. Never thought to check earlier prints, So it was a tad fiendish.
I can't see what is questionable about the answer to 4d). Could you please explain what you meant.
Cheers. Les40
So I do apologise
8 of 21  -   Report This Post

crypto

15th January 2011, 22:24
Sorry Les about my earlier post not being clear re 4d - there was an important missing word - what I meant to say was the spelling for 4d is not one I'm familiar with (but that is probably just me).

Cheers
9 of 21  -   Report This Post

les40

15th January 2011, 23:00
I am not aware of another spelling of the word. Unless you are American, and it is maybe spelt differently there. I say this because of the dropping of vowels in US language, ie, colour/color.
10 of 21  -   Report This Post