CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anne

7th January 2011, 15:15
Can anyone help with this clue. The answer is a pop group or band

Spinning Jennny? (6,4)

Possibly begins with a letter towards the end of the alphabet, T onwards!
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

7th January 2011, 16:03
Possibly Jethro Tull? Not sure if I am at the right bit of history, but I think he had something to do with the industrial revolution. There was a group of this name a while ago.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

7th January 2011, 16:07
I don't think that can be right as Jethro Tull was an agriculturist and the spinning jenny is a multi spool spinning machine
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

anne

7th January 2011, 16:08
That's the only one we could come up with, but we are not completely satisfied with it as Jethro Tull invented the seed drill, not the spinning jenny (they are both usually taught together in history lessons!). We are beginning to wonder if there is a mistake in the clue or number of letters.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

sammy

7th January 2011, 16:11
The nearest I got was Steeleye Span. You're right; he was a pioneer of new agricultural technology for ploughing, sowing etc.
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

crypto

7th January 2011, 16:35
The 2 inventions could be linked in that one is to do with 'sewing' and the other is to do with 'sowing'. Tenuous though and doesn't really seem right to me but thought I'd throw it in!
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

anne

7th January 2011, 17:26
Thanks everyone for your suggestions - not sure if we are there with the perfect answer yet, but if anyone has any more suggestions I look forward to them!
7 of 7  -   Report This Post