CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

peter.d

3rd January 2011, 19:35
Help needed please for the final stage. The grid is complete but what do I need to do with the FT words of which there are 8. My inclination is to promote the FT to the first 2 squares in the appropriate answers(first foot) but it would mess up 16 answers which would make no sense! The slightest of hints would be very welcome! Thanks in advance.
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

anniec

3rd January 2011, 20:07
Hi - I haven't completed the grid but its definitely FT at the start of the 8 answers - it hasn't messed up any of my answers though as I say they are not all complete
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

peter.d

4th January 2011, 11:28
Thanks, anniec. The penny dropped late last night. Putting FT at the beginning resolves the clashes. Good luck with the remaining answers!
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

laura

5th January 2011, 21:55
Hello.
I was wondering if anybody that has got Ferber than myself on this one could five me a couple of pointers? I'm not getting far with the grid and hoped a couple of the enter answers might help progress.
17a, obstacles overcoming terrible luck for collier? (11, 2 words)
18a, hall trimmed land destroyed by government(8, 2 words)
Both, I believe contain a superfluous letter or word that contribute towards a definition of 'tradition'
Many Thanks
Laura.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

perplexed puzzler

5th January 2011, 22:50
17a. Another word for obstacle (the s is the extra letter) around an anagram of luck.

The extra letters describe a tradition.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

perplexed puzzler

5th January 2011, 22:52
18a is one of the 5 words with only a subsiduary indication, so there is no extra letter
6 of 6  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 948