CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

derek

2nd January 2011, 11:01
Todays edition of the Mail on Sunday has published the Sir Lancelot and General Knowledge crosswords back to back!Photocopies not accepted!!
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazz

2nd January 2011, 11:09
scan the sir lancelot then cut out the mos crossword
then cut out what is left of the sir lancelot
stick that bit on to the scanned copy
that will show that you have bought the paper
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

gareth

2nd January 2011, 11:45
Chaos, I completed the Sir Lancelot crossword and then found out that the other xword was on the reverse side. Spent ages taking a copy off my fax machine, cutting, glueing etc so I hope that all is well. Good luck.
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazz

2nd January 2011, 11:50
What a pain it is. They should allow photocopies under these circumstances.
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

derek

2nd January 2011, 11:54
Thanks Jazz but just noticed an e.mail address for Sir Lancelot,-----
puzzlemeister@mailonsunday.co.uk
will mail him and if I get a reply will post it on here.
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazz

2nd January 2011, 12:00
Cheers derek - it will be interesting to see what happens if anything. Problem is not everyone has access to a photocopier or a scanner!
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

derek

2nd January 2011, 12:03
Nothing is going right this morning. The published Sir Lancelot e.mail address is incorrect!
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazz

2nd January 2011, 12:15
Oh what a performance. Someone at the MoS needs a good telling off. I understand the crosswords weren't published at all in some editions! We should all demand our money back.
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

derek

2nd January 2011, 12:27
The saga continues! Mailed the editor but that was rejected so then phoned them.The poor chap who answered the phone has been swamped this morning and cannot get hold of any staff members Office opens again on Tuesday so will phone then
I haven't even started the puzzle yet!!
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazz

2nd January 2011, 12:38
Well, at least you tried derek and good luck with the crosswords. I've complete Sir Lancelot if you get stuck and am now trying the prize one.
10 of 12  -   Report This Post