CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

amelia

27th December 2010, 14:02
Stuck with quite a few on this one any help welcome please
7. In Hollyoaks how old was Bart McQueen when abandoned by his mother?
26. Who or what went from 34 to 39 in May 2010?
30. What is the lowest number above zero which written in English contains each of the vowels once only?
38. Which fictional character ic celebrated on 10th June in UK and 6th October in USA?
40. Fill the gap- Tolkien, Dickens_______ Shakespeare,McCullough
50. What genre of music could join Roger Moore film, a chain of shops,, a newspaper and a suggestion?
51. Which central American country would fill the gap - India, Cuba, Syria, Slovenia, New Zealand________
60. Which well known broadcaster has the same 3 names, in order as a long serving British admiral born 154 years earlier?
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

jjs

27th December 2010, 14:39
30 you can work out for yourself by writing them all down! You need all the same ones as me. Any clues on the pics- totally clueless.
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

crypto

27th December 2010, 16:41
38 Mad Hatter Day

Why 6th October / 10th June? The Hatter, whom Alice was told was mad, was depicted in illustrations sporting a top hat which had a piece of paper sticking from with the words "In this style 10/6". The 10/6 in this instance, no doubt, referred to the cost of the hat in old English money, i.e. "ten shillings and sixpence". However, the founders of Mad Hatter Day decided that this could also represent the day on which Mad Hatter Day should be held. So, it is therefore held on 10/6 - October 6th or June 10th depending on how you read it. So in the US it is October 6th, and in other places such as Great Britain it is June 10th.

3 of 17  -   Report This Post

amelia

28th December 2010, 11:00
Thanks for that one answer

JJS- not really studied the pics yet trying to get written questions to some sort of nearness first, but not having too much luck yet
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

jjs

28th December 2010, 12:55
Worked out the 34-39 one- it's to do with the lottery.
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

amelia

28th December 2010, 15:21
Got that from your clue jjs, thanks.
Still waiting for a nice win on that.
Sorry no help with the others yet
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

28th December 2010, 16:26
Amelia,

If the Military Arms is in Sandbach then perhaps you can bribe - I'm sure that you can think of a suitable way - Geoff into giving you the answers...

Best wishes,

Caravaggio
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

amelia

28th December 2010, 17:37
I would first have to know who Geoff is!!

I am no where near Sandbach
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

deva2

28th December 2010, 20:12
Pictures 31-35 have me baffled! Does anyone have any ideas, then perhaps a link will emerge?!!
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

28th December 2010, 21:10
Amelia,

The landlord of the Military Arms in Sandbach is Geoff Connor and each year, for a considerable number of years, the pub has produced a set of equally-devious questions which can be bought for £1.00 - will all proceeds going to Alder Hey Children's Hospital. It would seem that your Military organises some similar and it would seem that we have just experienced one of life's amazing coincidences...

Have a Happy New Year.

Caravaggio
10 of 17  -   Report This Post