CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jimc

27th April 2009, 20:06
Thanks Colin.

The D B that I'm thinking of isn't used for navigation but is used under water.

Best Wishes.
JimC
11 of 36  -   Report This Post

mysterygal

27th April 2009, 20:19
Got it thanks
Didnt know that definition for roar should have looked in chambers in the first place
12 of 36  -   Report This Post

coline

27th April 2009, 22:24
Yes, Jim, I have it now that I have noticed 6 and 4 letters. I note, also, you like to help quizzers think things out for themselves by giving them additional clues. Good idea.
Best Wishes, Colin
13 of 36  -   Report This Post

polly dee

28th April 2009, 14:11
Sorry for delay in replying, have been too busy to quiz - glad to see your interest !!!
Yes mysterygal I do think 14 is a mistake - I left out the Y.
Jim C - The exact clue for 89 is 'A mistletoe root'
Colin E - thanks for idea but I dont think its that simple !!
Has anyone got a clue for 99. Snooty people or 104.Slippers and steps (Both games or pastimes beginning with S, or in the case of 104 possibly T. Many thanks !!
14 of 36  -   Report This Post

mysterygal

28th April 2009, 14:35
99 stuck up people
other is a kids board game

I just need 3 now
An apparatus for raising heavy weights, used on roads
could be a game or nautical

Greek letter, recently
gem metal or mineral or a game

15 of 36  -   Report This Post

polly dee

28th April 2009, 14:53
Thanks mysterygal - will work on those!You re doing well to have nearly finished !!
69. Another name for a sailor. 78. The greek letter is phi . Hope these help !! Do you have an extra clue for 7. Mix round a group of Spanish huts.(Nautical word beginning with A) and 29. This unseeing (nasty) person could belong to another category. Either a gem or mineral or game beginning with B. Many thanks!!!
16 of 36  -   Report This Post

mysterygal

28th April 2009, 17:10
Thanks got both those now. Have several ?? but only the one gap for the one you asked about misteloe root
29 is one of my ?? I have got a character from Treasure Island but cant find it as a game
7 I googled 'spanish huts' and found a 6 letter word starting with R

I have stuck at this solidly for about 4 days - and really enjoyed it
17 of 36  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

28th April 2009, 17:54
Hi Polly Dee et al,

I refused to be beaten by your conundrum and, by chance, have just found another article on mistletoe and the root system. The word which sprang off the screen was SINKER and I have just checked with the Blessed Chambers and, sure enough, it IS the correct answer.

Incidentally, if you hadn't noticed, the word 'trawled' in my previous post, was a nautical pun...

If I was a dog, my tail would be wagging furiously now!

Best wishes,

Caravaggio
18 of 36  -   Report This Post

polly dee

28th April 2009, 19:52
Carravagio you are a star !!! Your persistance certainly paid off, I am most impressed!!!

Thanks also to mysterygal, I have a couple more I would like help with please :-
23. Mix around a fresh water fish of the carp family (either a nautical B or a gem/mineral A)
99. Snooty people (game/pastime S) (I can only think of snobs but not right!!!)
19 of 36  -   Report This Post

polly dee

28th April 2009, 20:05
I am so sorry, I bow my head in shame, to have misspelt your name, Caravaggio !!
20 of 36  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Mistletoe