CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jrs

16th December 2010, 13:06
How are people progreesing with this? It is quite a challenge. I am at a standstill now, having solved most of the Grid A clues (but unsure of where they fit) and about half of Grid B (not sure of what to do with the across clues though)
Tony (or other bright sparks!) can you help please?
1 of 52  -   Report This Post

terry

16th December 2010, 13:50
Isn't it a bit soon to be asking for assistance?

The crossword has only been out for a few hours and it is 3 weeks until entries have to be in!
2 of 52  -   Report This Post

ajt

16th December 2010, 14:03
Good for you, Terry. It spoils it completely for some of us when the answers are given so soon - I usually try not to look!
3 of 52  -   Report This Post

righteous indignation

16th December 2010, 14:22
this site is to answer people's questions. There are no time limits. If you don't like people asking questions then this site is definitely not for you...as the other one says...don't look...but you should not put people off asking questions even if it is one minute after publication...this is the essence of the site
4 of 52  -   Report This Post

ajt

16th December 2010, 14:26
To RI - haven't seen your name before, or is this another pseudonym? This is a crossword HELP forum, not Answers on demand.
5 of 52  -   Report This Post

helena

16th December 2010, 14:33
I agree with Terry, this site is to enable other users to solve the clues of crosswords and quizzes, but only when all other avenues of attempting to solve it themselves has been exhausted (and after such a short time I don't even think that JRS has deliberated the clues suffieicently yet). After all the point of doing such quizzes is the satisfaction of answering the questions yourself, and the pleasure that that gives.
6 of 52  -   Report This Post

mike

16th December 2010, 16:40
Agreed Helena, and this puzzle is not beyond the reach of any regular Spectator solver.
7 of 52  -   Report This Post

turast

16th December 2010, 18:06
Completed and in the post by this afternoon. I agree that it is far too early to start giving answers, but in terms of the grid fill I offer the following. I think if you have the 4 10 letter solutions in GRID A and knowlege of their across or down status, they only fit together in one way. In terms of GRID B across entries, look carefully at number of letters given in brackets and compare to number of available squares.
8 of 52  -   Report This Post

silly boy

16th December 2010, 18:33
I'm completely lost ! ;o(
9 of 52  -   Report This Post

turast

17th December 2010, 03:13
Silly Boy
Are you attempting the Spectator "Appeal for Christmas", or are you lost in the snow? I'm quite happy to give help (hints & tips),on the "Crossword Help Forum" but not answers. This crossword can be substantially solved even if you are unfamiliar with the work and the first line of its second verse. The title ties in with both however, after a fashion.
10 of 52  -   Report This Post