CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lizzyminto

26th April 2009, 18:37
Campanilla. WOW!! what smashing tips. I was just going to start, wont bother now yours toooooo good.You probably saw the posting that mum and I have finished. did use buckets instead of bucke's but not that happy having to change answer to 6.6. making two errors in one question.
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

campanilla

26th April 2009, 18:50
Hi Lizzyminto, I hate Sunday afternoons especially when it's raining, which it has been, so it gave me something to do. You really got it finished quickly (although mum probably had something to do with it). I know what you mean about Whisky galore, but I've decided to stop thinking about it anymore!! Doesn't matter anyway I've already sent it off! If you're interested Billericay Lions Club also have a downloadable quiz which is 100 love songs with initials of songs and artists. I wasn't too keen when I started but I'm getting into it now. It's at wwww.billericaylions.com/quiz.htm. Best of luck with the other ones.
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

lizzyminto

26th April 2009, 18:57
Campanilla. Thanks for tips about lions quiz, will give it a go but like you doesnt sound like my thing... we will see.. Mum is an avid reader much more so than me. her memory is also farrrrr better than mine.Its really good to have someone to bounce questions off. we always do them separately but we always end up needing the same answers, good luck will the house and novel quizzes speak soon bye................
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

wombat

26th April 2009, 20:33
Thanks campanilla. The clues were spot on; most came straight away, others after a little foraging.

However, in going down my list I forgot these:-
8. Well known at Tottenham 4,2,3,4
28. Bites a-plenty here 3,8,5
58. 18th century Ann of Cleves 4,8
Also you gave me a clue for 77, but I still need help for
76. Spaniard in the water 3,5,5,3,3

I have started going through the Billericay Lions Club list so you can expect some exchange here too.
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

campanilla

26th April 2009, 20:42
Glad they were of help, here's a few more.

8. Novel by Howard Spring, think Tottenham
28. Think what bites in summer in hot countries and where they might be.
58. What was the nickname of Anne of Cleves?
76. Difficult to give a clue, so author Mikhail Sholokhov.

Hope they help.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

campanilla

26th April 2009, 20:44
Actually the Billericay one is not nearly as hard as it looks at first, I wasn't sure when I started but I am quite enjoying it.
10 of 13  -   Report This Post

wombat

26th April 2009, 21:00
campanilla, Last four clues again pointed the way and its so obvious, but I wouldn't have got the answers without the authors.
Still stuck on 'Nowhere almost reversed' - any further pointers?
11 of 13  -   Report This Post

big dave

26th April 2009, 21:09
Wombat

Try Samuel Butler's Utopian satire. When you see it, it leaps out of the page!
12 of 13  -   Report This Post

wombat

26th April 2009, 21:48
Thank you for that BigDave.
I must admit to ignorance of such written text, Colleges of Unreason and published in 1872... must try harder
13 of 13  -   Report This Post