CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

headprior

26th April 2009, 16:35
All done except for 7 across. I have -e-n...and so just need 2 letters to complete. Can anyone out there help?
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

headprior

26th April 2009, 17:03
Well, on reflection, it looks like 17ac is 'Penn' after the guy who founded Pennsylvania but I can't get the 'half the flags' reference....
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

wombat

26th April 2009, 17:12
Headprior
It would help if you typed the clue - we dont all have the crossword
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

26th April 2009, 17:13
Hi Headprior,

I don't have the advantage of having the Sunday Telegraph in front of me but, as you have the answer PENN, may I suggest that it is half of PennANTS - flags.

Regards,

Caravaggio
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

headprior

26th April 2009, 17:19
Many thanks Wombat and Carravagio for getting back. It's the Sunday Times cryptic by the way and the clue was 'Founder of state revealed by half the flags' (4). 'Pennants' of course reinforces my provisional answer of 'Penn'. Thanks Cara...
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

26th April 2009, 17:26
You're welcome. As Wombat observed, we don't necessarily have the clue to look at so, if you feel inclined to use the forum again, please give us as much information as possible and, as we all seem to be a friendly bunch who use this site, we will always try to be of assistance.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

headprior

26th April 2009, 19:22
Thanks again Caravaggio. This was the first time I'd used the site and it's good to be advised as to protocol. I'd somehow assumed that only those working on ST4326 would have picked up on my query and it's good to know that other puzzlers are willing to help out. So I'll make sure next time to include the whole clue. Oh, and that goes both ways. It's been fun and I hope we 'meet' again soon.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » ST4326