CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

25th April 2009, 20:56
hi again campanilla
I'm totally sure you are right (needed your clue to get the answer).Should be (6,6)tho unless it is Irish

btw, Dizzy, you don't need to join, just do what you did. Speak up you're through.
22 of 30  -   Report This Post

jimc

25th April 2009, 22:12
Hi.

It does seem the right answer (assuming the misprint in the clue) although the novel's title was spelt (6,6) as far as I know.

Best Wishes.
JimC
23 of 30  -   Report This Post

campanilla

25th April 2009, 22:30
Sorry, Lizzyminto, just found you lurking. No. 9 is nothing whatsoever to do with golf. Think of a deep hole and something that swings backwards and forwards. 1961 film, bit of a horror story.
24 of 30  -   Report This Post

campanilla

25th April 2009, 22:34
Hi JimC, the only problem is that it would make two mistakes in the same clue. The clue is written BUCKE'S OF BELLS 7,6. I can't find any novelist with the surname Bucke and, as I told Trevor, I've even been through the Burke's in case that was a misprint.
25 of 30  -   Report This Post

lizzyminto

26th April 2009, 10:47
Hi. thanks for tip Campanilla for no. 9 got it!!.

Ive googled Bucke and got two writers. Richard Maurice Bucke. and Charles Bucke. but cant find a connection with bells. I liked the clue for buckets of bells. but like everybody wonder if two mistakes with one clue?? still need 8 will be asking for tips soon. bye............
26 of 30  -   Report This Post

lizzyminto

26th April 2009, 12:22
FINISHED!! just need to know wheter to spell whiskey or whisky?? or if anyone has come up with anything better. good luck all. willing to help if anyone needs it or am I the last to start and finish. bye....
27 of 30  -   Report This Post

eleanormcn

26th April 2009, 12:35
Whiskey = Irish (and US)

Whisky = Scotch
28 of 30  -   Report This Post

lizzyminto

26th April 2009, 13:37
Eleanormcn thanks for for reply. I knew the differnce but as the clue asks for 7.6. and the scottish whisky is 6. am in a quandry what to answer. What have you put. No.86. bucke's of bells. 7.6. or should this read Buckets of bells.therefore misprint by setters? if answer whisky galore 6.6. then another mistake.Help appreciated. Maybe nothing to do with whisky at all
29 of 30  -   Report This Post

eleanormcn

26th April 2009, 14:09
Sorry lizzieminto, not doing the quiz but following the thread with interest (is that allowed?). Cannot find anything else for that clue except the whisk(e)y connection. If the word length is 7,6, I'd go with that. Good luck!
30 of 30  -   Report This Post