CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

julie aberdeen

9th December 2010, 19:35
16. Not short of mineral deposits

22. Chief advance ends up going backwards

25. Walker with injury
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

gmcd

9th December 2010, 20:06
19 Longstone?
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

gmcd

9th December 2010, 20:14
22. Loanhead
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

9th December 2010, 20:31
I hoped you would be around !
Had both of these pencilled in but in the case of Longstone rejected it hoping to find something with a plural end such as "pits" or "mines" or even Goldenacre
In the case of 22 I didn't understand the end of the clue "ends up going backwards". I'm now more than happy to use both your/my suggestions. Many thanks for your help. Walker with injury is an odd one. If the setter had used Hiker or Rambler I would have guessed it as Walkerburn
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

gmcd

9th December 2010, 20:41
This is giving me something to do during this awful weather! I agree the ending has to be "burn" but could the first part be the first name of someone famous called Walker?
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

9th December 2010, 21:05
Yes,I can only think of Johnnie Walker and Rev Walker of Duddingston Loch which takes me back to the artist Raeburn - think I will HAVE to do the dishes now
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

the joker

10th December 2010, 17:11
I have just had a boy scout call at the door and sold me this quiz.
No.25 Walker with injury could have two equally valid answers.
Murray Walker BBC commentator or Johnny Walker make of whisky.
Take your pick from:
MURRAYBURN
JOHNSBURN
I will no doubt be looking for some reciprocation when I get round to tackling the quiz,although many of the answers seem fairly straight-forward,at a quick glance.
TJ
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

10th December 2010, 18:25
Oh, so he's arrived - I'll bet he was glad to find you - he's probably got Scouts tonight and has walked all the way from Jewsons to Balerno trying to find you. Well done. I think I'll go for Murrayburn... I hope the quiz hasn't been spoilt for you by my queries. Reciprocate away - but you probably won't need to. Excellent map of Edinburgh and outlying area on Google
Cheers
Julie
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

the joker

11th December 2010, 03:39
Hi Julie.
How do you know that I live in Colinton,which your boy scout would pass through walking from Moat to Balerno?
I have answers to all the questions,but some are a bit iffy.
The only one I have not got is 23 Good place for an elderly relative to stay?
Don't know why some questions have a"?" and others a"!". The great majority have neither.
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

ab

11th December 2010, 10:16
Ex Edinburgh, perhaps a long shot for 23 Good place for an elderly relative to stay? would be Gran-ton?
10 of 16  -   Report This Post