CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

julie, aberdeen

7th December 2010, 17:31
Place names of towns, villages or areas in or near to Edinburgh
3. Small particle reassembled?
17 Henry's choice
21 The Rover's main man may reside here
28 A divided martyr is single
1 of 21  -   Report This Post

mandala

7th December 2010, 18:00
Purely a guess, but is there a place near Edinburgh called "Moat"? It's an anagram of ATOM.
2 of 21  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

7th December 2010, 18:29
Thanks Mandala - I'll check that out. I did find a Mote earlier while looking at maps - so that's a distinct possible.
3 of 21  -   Report This Post

mandala

7th December 2010, 18:34
The "main man" at the Rovers Return is Steve McDonald so it could be STEVENSTON, but it's a long way from Edinburgh.
4 of 21  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

7th December 2010, 18:46
I was hoping someone would let me know who the "main man" was at the Rovers - am a bit out of touch. Yes I think Stevenston in Ayrshire is a bit too far away - most of my other answers have been in the city or within 15 miles. I will keep working on the Steve idea - thanks
5 of 21  -   Report This Post

chrisg

7th December 2010, 18:57
17 could be Halls...Henry's choice. Henry Hall is of dance band fame
6 of 21  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

7th December 2010, 19:19
Thanks ChrisG - Yes, I do remember Henry Hall of Teddy Bear's Picnic Fame! The answers are supposed to be place names in the Edinburgh area. The questions are a bit obscure and don't seem to follow crossword setters conventions but it's just a charity quiz so I thought I'd give it a try - not like the SunTimes crossword which you have helped me with in the past.
7 of 21  -   Report This Post

helena

7th December 2010, 20:07
What about Royston - Roy of the Rovers.
8 of 21  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

7th December 2010, 20:51
Thanks Helena,
Yes, there is an area of Edinburgh called Royston near Granton - which was one of my other answers -it's a very obscure quiz !
9 of 21  -   Report This Post

mandala

7th December 2010, 21:54
Yes, I think helena's answer is right. Still struggling with the others.
10 of 21  -   Report This Post