CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chuckle

24th April 2009, 15:59
Thanks, that just leaves No 5
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

jimb

24th April 2009, 16:02
Hi, Campa

That would be Flatley To(l)kien would it?

Jeembio

P.S. I like your white lady
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

campanilla

24th April 2009, 16:11
Of course, JaimeBe, who else? Just show me a book called Lord of the Dance and tell me who the author is then......
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

lizzyminto

24th April 2009, 16:29
Hi all. how about animal farm for no. 5.
only just seen your posting . are there more than 7 clues? where can I find whole quiz? agree with ones posted but dont get flatley connection but prefer rings to dance. (olympics)
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

billyboy

24th April 2009, 16:32
Hey, Campanilla, man, don't you be dissin' my man JimB, he's cool and info spot on.

In 2006, Michael Flatley (with Douglas Thompson) published Lord of the Dance. I seen it on tinternet

Rock on cool chick

Billyboy
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

campanilla

24th April 2009, 17:47
William, William, William, do try a little harder with the Queen's English. Dissin' my man? Jus' where wos you drug up er man? The title of this quiz is "Well-known novels - some old, some new". Mr. Flatley, whilst being an extremely good dancer, is probably not able to string two words together well enough to be able to write a novel. Hence, The Lord of the Rings (as in the Olympics) as opposed to the dance. Geddit now me old China?

Lizzieminto, if you google "Folkestone Lions Club" you'll find the quiz to download, 100 cryptic novel titles. The closing date is the 31st May.
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

campanilla

24th April 2009, 17:49
Psst Lizzie, spot on with No.5 by the way.
17 of 20  -   Report This Post

lizzyminto

24th April 2009, 18:35
Campanilla Im lizzyminto not lizzie thats someone else. plus theres a liz. very confusing!!Glad you liked no. 5 Im still confused with the flately ref??? obviousley get the rings. Thanks for download site for this quiz. will now try to get all questions. Stand by your beds for postings from me for HELP!! bye 4 now.
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

lizzyminto

24th April 2009, 18:52
Campanilla, Just printed off the quiz, one for me one for my 85yr old mum. We have already sent in our house quiz. This looks a lot harder!! But as always fun. Thanks again bye.
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

campanilla

24th April 2009, 19:06
Hi Lizzieminto, glad you downloaded it, it is a good one and I bet your mum knows a lot of the answers already. By the way, consensus of opinion think that the answer to 46. should be 4,2,3,3 and not 4,2,2,3 as stated. I've sent off the other one too before I can start changing my mind about any of the answers. Best of luck.
20 of 20  -   Report This Post