CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

campanilla

23rd April 2009, 23:34
Where are you my main thinking man? I'm normally following you around the threads one step behind your answers but can't find you anywhere. Sulking are we? Overdosed on the cocoa did we? Lost the Juliet have we? Speak to me Jimbo........
1 of 41  -   Report This Post

jimb

24th April 2009, 00:08
Campo

Can't speak now, will get back to you, BillBoy is on the other line
2 of 41  -   Report This Post

campanilla

24th April 2009, 00:41
Well, I am speechless, almost. To discover that you are having a secret assignation with a man when I was worried about you! Er, you do know that Billyboy is a man, don't you? More to the point does Mrs. JaimeBe know about this?

I shall take myself off to bed now in a huff and ponder no more on the vagaries of men......sigh....
3 of 41  -   Report This Post

big dave

24th April 2009, 01:37
Campanilla

I used to answer a lot of questions on AB - over 2000 at the last count (and that's not including repeat postings in the same thread) but it has become so ultra-competitive and nasty with it. A few weeks aga I set up a handle for the Mr Hyde side of my character, left it until it lost that "green" newbie look, and now go in and tell them what I think of them. The more they react, the better I like it. I can't wait to cross swords with Guy Fawkes! (Wasn't he hung, drawn and quartered?)
4 of 41  -   Report This Post

jimb

24th April 2009, 08:58
Campanilla, mon cherrie, methinks BigDave may have sussed something out about BillyBoy?

No need for huffs, or sighs!
5 of 41  -   Report This Post

campanilla

24th April 2009, 18:36
Big Dave, you're brilliant, totally brilliant. That pompous little man needs taking down a peg or two. How can he be so rude to people that they think twice before asking a question? He's definitely masochistic, why does he home onto only the threads that say "Put your house in order"? If he doesn't want to know what people are asking, why not give them a miss and try and answer some other clues? I don't think I have ever seen his name answering anything at all. So saying, I'm probably just as masochistic as I've been back a few times to answer him back, although I never thought to change my name. Personally I think that AB is too big and has too many people on it all sitting in front of their PC's from morning till night just to show how clever they are. It definitely isn't user friendly, there's no helping people just for the fun of it as there is here and if you can have a laugh at the same time, even better. Your new identity doesn't start with ... does it, Morse? By the way, I looked up Guy Fawkes on Wikipedia and, unfortunately, he appears to have jumped off the gallows and broke his neck before he could be hung, drawn and quartered, now there's a shame bach!

...and JaieBe, you obviously have been associating for too long with BillyBoy, how can you make me "Mon cherie", you've just gone back to making a man out of me again!! I'm getting really worried about you.....
6 of 41  -   Report This Post

gina

24th April 2009, 18:46
I think you should choose another medium for your coy exchanges and leave this column for those who are primarily interested in crosswords.
7 of 41  -   Report This Post

campanilla

24th April 2009, 18:51
Well, Gina, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, as you certainly are, but you didn't have to read it, did you?
8 of 41  -   Report This Post

labamba

24th April 2009, 20:00
@Gina - Are you sure you are not DaiFawkes in disguise (with glasses)? I don't recall you being any help to anyone, unlike this lovely lady that you are being so rude about.

@Campanilla - must go now, Dr Jekyll said I have to go home and take my medicine!
9 of 41  -   Report This Post

gina_for_president

24th April 2009, 20:18
I think Gina makes good points and was not being rude.

And this website seems to have been bogged down by this House quiz. Enough already!
10 of 41  -   Report This Post