CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

@

2nd December 2010, 17:19
Tried to reply to post re moderating of site but kept getting annoying advert which wouldn't go away and no reply button visible. Please can this site be moderated properly - one user name to one e-mail address, will hopefully stop these idiots posting on this excellent site as well as stopping those hiding behing 'anonynimity. I've already e-mailed Ash but didn't get a reply so perhaps he isn't bothered?
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

sallyw

2nd December 2010, 19:25
I think Ash has moved on to other things. i tried emailing him a while ago and got no reply. He is on Twitter though.
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

xerces

2nd December 2010, 20:10
I used Twitter to draw his attention to what I considered to be an obscene post some weeks ago but I didn't receive the courtesy of a reply. For that reason, I wouldn't hold your breath...
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

2nd December 2010, 23:05
Apart from anything else, a moderator would have added the resulting threads into this one and helped avoid all the clutter.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

terry

2nd December 2010, 23:14
It's not a moderator that's needed to cure the ills. User registration is required. One user name = one ISP (i think),i.e. That way if somebody goes ape-shit their computer can be prevented from linking with this site. This wouldn't be fool proof but would go a very long way to stopping the cretins - if somebody (Ash,I suppose) was prepared to switch them off.
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

big dave

2nd December 2010, 23:34
@ @ (I liked that)

To reply to the earlier post you had to scroll off the right-hand side of the screen.

@ all

Notwithstanding, a separate thread is a better idea anyway.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

b

2nd December 2010, 23:39
Do Not ever put something on www, ect, should not want eveyone in the world to read it, unless you wish to be considered a complete and utter IDIOT
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

@

2nd December 2010, 23:39
bollocks
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

@

3rd December 2010, 14:46
My case in point - the above post isn't me - I would never use that word in speech let alone on here.
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

@

3rd December 2010, 14:48
Just had another thought - if anyone out there is clever enough to set up a similar site, but one which is moderated, we could use that one and leave this site to do what it will. Anyone interested?
10 of 10  -   Report This Post